Project Specialist, YCOS
Reporting to the Associate Director of Yale Clinical Optimization Services (YCOS), the Project Coordinator will provide direct support for the successful completion of clinical operational assessments in the Yale School of Medicine through observing and documenting clinic operational workflows and data analysis.
- Participate in clinical operations assessments from inception to completion.
- Provide independent analysis, on point and timely results and delivers assessed information in a formalized structure.
- Ascertain a plan to autonomously collect, analyze and maintain clinical operations data.
- Independently convert clinical operations data in to a deliverable format and present to YCOS team.
- Creates a wide variety of sensitive and high-level analyses.
- Independently acts as a point of contact with (i.e. clinic management) and communicates assessment deliverables (i.e. data) to all participants.
- Monitor assessment progress/deliverables.
- Autonomously analyzes non-structured data, builds analysis’ from data, and maintains comprehensive assessment documentation.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Collectively work in partnership with the entire YCOS team, and help build a department of collaboration and teamwork.
- Attend bi-weekly workgroups with YCOS team and YSM departments/sections.
- Assist with the completion of action items from bi-weekly workgroup meetings.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and a minimum of two years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Prior experience working in clinical operations, healthcare, consulting and change management or a related field.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to analyze data with a high degree of accuracy.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and leadership, demonstrating high degree of tact and confidentiality.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to organize, manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously including the follow-through of deliverables.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Proficient with Microsoft Office; MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Access including MS Visio, MS Project and familiarity with Oracle.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Working knowledge of EPIC and Think Cell.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus