Participates in all aspects of the award-protocol congruency review and approval process, ensuring compliance with federal regulations and University policies and procedures. Assists in planning and developing policies and procedures to ensure, manage and monitor effective compliance in sponsored research analysis. This position will involve working closely with the principal investigator in an academic-industry partnership to develop artificial intelligence in the area of point-of-care ultrasound. Duties will include extraction, deidentification, curation, organization, and transfer of anonymized medical images and their interpretations to develop this technology.
- Compares protocols and sponsored projects to confirm consistency between funding proposals/awards and approved protocols.
- Documents established congruency between funding proposals and approved protocols.
- Facilitates and/or assists with resolution of any inconsistencies between funding proposals and approved protocols.
- Serves as a liaison between the Grants and Contracts offices, investigators, and business managers to resolve congruency issues in a timely manner.
- Attends meetings and presents issues when necessary that were identified during congruency review.
- Serves as a resource and provides technical assistance to investigators and their staff.
- Provides analytical and technical support related to establishing and recording protocol/grant congruency, as needed.
- Monitors federal and state regulations for new guidance, updates, or policies. Maintains a high degree of knowledge on these requirements to determine actions and follow directives that may be required to ensure University compliance with congruency review and reporting requirements.
- Develops, implements, and manages internal practices that ensure compliance with federal requirements.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic/scientific field and a minimum of 3 years of related research support experience; or the equivalent combination of education or experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated experience with computer coding, including but not limited to Java, Python, R, or others. Ability to collect accurate medical data on research subjects for a variety of studies. Ability to review, code and contribute in the entering of all collected patient data to assure completeness and accuracy.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Working proficiency with MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook. Familiarity with Filemaker Database software and management. Demonstrated ability to use Zoom, Webex, Skype, Microsoft Teams, Google apps.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated ability to ensure regulatory compliance by maintaining clinical research records to meet the needs of various protocols.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and appropriately for the situation and audience. Demonstrated professionalism, leadership, organizational and team player characteristics. Ability to adapt quickly to new areas of focus. Ability to interact and collaborate with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Demonstrated self-motivation, independence, consistency and reliability, including excellent attendance and punctuality. Proven ability to be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and a strong communicator.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus