IT Manager, School of Nursing
The IT Manager for the Yale School of Nursing reports to the Yale University Associate Chief Information Officer for Medicine & Health and is also accountable to the Lead Administrator for YSN. The incumbent manages and is responsible for all IT operational activities across the school including academic, research, administrative, and clinical skills functions, while also providing strategic insight and recommendations regarding IT applications, services, and infrastructure.
The IT Manager develops and operates high quality services with defined and agreed-upon service levels that meet the day-to-day activities and future needs of Yale Nursing. The IT Manager will be responsible for desktop support, instructional technology support, server/network infrastructure, maintaining classroom technology, multimedia studio, AV, and general IT project management.
The IT Manager will oversee IT equipment inventory for the school, ensure compliance with university, state and federal standards such as HIPAA and FERPA, provide recommendations for upgrades and new technologies, and serve as the primary IT liaison to internal and external partners. The IT Manager will develop and oversee compliance to IT policies and procedures specific to YSN but in accordance with University requirements. The IT Manager will stay knowledgeable of current trends and advances in IT technology and determines how and when these advances can be cost effectively introduced into the school. The IT Manager assesses the future IT needs as they relate to the strategic planning requirements of YSN. The IT Manager ensures a customer-service environment to respond and resolve day to day computing issues and hardware problems of faculty, staff, and students. The IT Manager ensures preventive maintenance is performed, including backups of all server data, and maintains the YSN networking infrastructure. The IT manager will manage the work and activities of the Yale Distributed Support Providers and any IT vendors working with YSN.
- Leads, manages, and advises a team of technical experts on all aspects of policies, practices, systems, and procedures within the department.
- Provides managerial and technical expertise regarding the daily operations in one or more functional areas.
- Manages and implements guidelines and systems and recommends changes to maintain consistency with the mission of department objectives.
- Manages and works extensively with staff to develop and administer support plans.
- Participates on project teams and act as a liaison with other institutions, campus organizations, vendors, and committees.
- Works with all units to identify, analyze, and develop approaches that successfully meets the goals and objectives of ITS and the University as a whole.
- Defines and tracks service metrics and work with staff to meet client needs and service standards.
- Implements appropriate controls and quality assurance; ensures adherence to the process, consistent and efficient trouble resolution, error reduction, and continuous process improvement.
- Manages the operating budget for their organizational unit.
- Recruits and trains technical staff.
- Ensures compliance and timeliness of all Federal and State regulatory requirements.
- Manages a staff of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field and six years of related technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated experience providing technical IT services in a research and/or academic environment, such as desktop support, server/network infrastructure.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated knowledge with A/V and multimedia technology.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to react to changing technologies and adapt to changes in work demands and priorities
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Proven and effective verbal and written communication skills, particularly in interacting with faculty, researchers, and students
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with managing regulated data (e.g., HIPAA, FERPA).
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Project management experience. Two or more years of experience in higher education. Experience working with healthcare providers.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus