Integration Manager, YM CARE Center
Under the direction of the Integration Director, manage the integration of clinical departments in to the CARE Center along with the integration of scheduling platforms (EPIC and MHD). With an understanding of strategic goals, utilize a high level of discretion to provide solutions and recommendations for optimizing scheduling algorithms that will ensure timely, safe, and quality patient access. Consistently communicate with CARE Center leadership, vendors, and key stakeholders to ensure timelines are met or exceeded.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and manage major patient access projects. Track the activities of multiple projects and resources devoted to each project and ensure timely completion. Report on a regular basis the status of project tasks, adjustments to timelines, resource requirements and barriers to completion. Formulate and design working protocols to achieve end results. Identify and coordinate all necessary resources (physical, HR, financial, systems) to achieve project objectives.
- Work collaboratively and diplomatically with multiple offices to define project scope, goals and deliverables; acquire information, set deadlines and monitor progress. Facilitate strong relationships, unity and focus with managers, directors and team members to achieve project goals. Effectively communicate logical project phases to participants, identify obstacles, recommend and implement solutions. Oversee work completed by staff in multiple areas supporting larger projects and utilize team-building skills to facilitate timely completion of projects.
- Orchestrate reviews focused on both routine processes and problem areas to proactively resolve structural, control, or operational issues. Identify and communicate best practices throughout the organization. Conduct reviews of methods and procedures to evaluate efficiencies and foster consistent and effective practices.
- Recognize and make the most of opportunities for systems integration. Engage business partners to optimize integration opportunities.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools. Monitor and report on the progress of the project(s), including problems and solutions. Intervene where necessary to keep the project on task while maintaining unity among all stakeholders and team members through a positive, collaborative and diplomatic approach.
- Staff a number of committees on behalf of leadership. Provide detailed information and written reports for committee decision-making and policy planning. Compile and present status reports to management, keeping them abreast of projects with summary updates along with revised policies and procedures relevant to the project.
- Present project detail/status to departmental staff and leadership at regular meetings when necessary.
- Collaborates with electronic medical record leadership to build reporting systems and help create a clinic access operations scorecard. Regularly reports the status of performance and quality improvement efforts.
- Actively reviews access staffing models to ensure optimum staffing to meet patient care demands.
- Works closely with operational and clinical leadership teams to ensure that practice transformation and performance improvement remain top priorities.
- Monitors and takes necessary steps to assure compliance with ambulatory care policies, health system policies, JCAHO standards, and applicable laws and regulations pertaining to the provision of care in an ambulatory setting.
- In conjunction with operational leadership, responsible for ongoing monitoring and improving patient satisfaction and access.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration or related field and a minimum of five years of work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Critical/strategic thinking and problem-solving skills. Highly-organized and detail-oriented. Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate a team-based approach to complete projects with tact and diplomacy, while interacting with internal and external contacts and staff.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Proven ability to work successfully within a team environment and as an individual contributor. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Flexibility to adjust work schedule to allow for team priorities.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Working knowledge of EPIC, MS Access, MS Visio and MyHealthDirect. Familiarity with Workday and other Yale University systems. Work experience in the healthcare, change management or project management fields.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus