Research Associate 2 HSS
The Research Associate will be responsible for the execution of clinical trials for the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division at various sites throughout the Yale New Haven Health System which includes understanding the clinical trial requirements, articulating to prospective patients information regarding the clinical trials, consenting qualified patients, ensuring completion of all trial requirements including IRB/HIC submissions (Institutional Review Board/Human Investigation Committee), follow-through and maintain study materials at each clinical site at the different locations including New Haven: Long Wharf, Women’s Center, Labor and Delivery at York Street Campus (YSC), various prenatal clinics with deliveries at YSC, and possibly Bridgeport Hospital.
- Carries out research within the scope of the established study protocol. Adheres to all human subjects regulations as defined by Yale University and the federal government that pertain to research studies.
- Develops criteria for admission of study subjects based on goals and objectives of project.
- Determines potential sources of funding and prospective partnerships.
- Evaluates feasibility of accepting potential projects through analysis of staffing needs, resource requirements, financial costs, and current planned capacity of group. Negotiates contracts and/or changes with funder.
- Develops original HIC/IRB submissions. Based on knowledge of science and research goals, collaborates with PIs on major revisions and contributes to scientific protocols. Plans and implements changes.
- Develops forms, questionnaires and the application of research techniques; writes procedures manuals for data collection and coding.
- Responsible for the documentation and transmission of study data. Ensures that report forms are accurately documented and completed in a timely manner at each site location.
- Works independently to develop manage and organize multi site studies. Serves as primary coordinator between University, non-Yale collaborators, pharmaceutical companies, HIC, IRB and funding sources.
- Performs descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Designs and implements quality control measures to ensure accurate collection and processing of data.
- Contributes in-depth, original thought and relevance to written reports and to the writing of abstracts and manuscripts.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in a related discipline and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Previous experience working in clinical research.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Experience/knowledge of in-patient and out-patient flows.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Experience with use of electronic medical records for research.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to critically evaluate patient information to meet eligibility requirements.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Prior experience with data collection, biospecimen collection and database maintenance highly preferred. Phlebotomy experience or a willingness to learn.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Additional Background or Health Screening Requirements
Selected incumbent must have successful completion of a DMV check, a valid driver’s license and a car available.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus