Chief Communication Officer (CCO)
DEVELOP AND LEAD THE STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION OF A GLOBAL UNIVERSITY FOR THE
As a university of excellence, Technische Universität Dresden is one of the leading universities in Germany and ranks among the 100 most innovative universities in the world. It is characterized both by its research strength and its broad range of degree programs in the natural, technical and life sciences as well as in the humanities and social sciences. TU Dresden is part of the DRESDEN-concept alliance, one of the largest concentrations of research in Germany. As a societal actor, it actively shapes public life in Dresden and in Saxony.
We are seeking at the earliest possible date (contract limited until August 17th, 2025 (– pursuant to TzBfG) an internationally experienced and communication-oriented management professional with outstanding strategic competences and visionary potential for the position of
Chief Communication Officer (CCO) (m/f/d)
- development, implementation and adaptation of the university's communication strategy in close interaction with the University Executive Board's strategy with the objective to sustainably consolidate and expand TU Dresden's national and international visibility
- continued development of the TU Dresden brand in close cooperation with TU Dresden’s strategy and university culture
- management of strategic (international) communication projects
- development and implementation of marketing strategies for the different areas of activity of TU Dresden in the context of teaching, research and transfer
- consulting and coaching of TU Dresden's Extended University Executive Board
- professional and disciplinary management of the organizational units involved in communication tasks (this includes the overall budget responsibility as well as the permanently or temporarily subordinated personnel resources of the corresponding units)
- university degree, preferably in journalism, public relations / communications management, marketing or communications science
- ideally professional experience from a (project) management perspective in the strategic positioning of an organization (branding) as well as experience with strategy and change processes and/or consulting methods
- several years of experience in managing and steering strategic communication processes, preferably in the context of scientific institutions, non-governmental organizations or foundations
- strong creative power and ability to contribute to the transformation of organizations, high cognitive flexibility and stress tolerance, excellent networking skills, ability to proactively manage interfaces
- trustworthiness and authenticity
- excellent command of the English language
- an extended stay abroad would be an advantage, or at least international experience is highly desirable
- ability to manage an organizational unit in a public law institution based on proven managerial experience (at least of a team) desired
TU Dresden seeks to specifically support persons with disabilities and therefore asks them to provide relevant information when submitting their application. In case of equal suitability, people with severe disabilities or those with equivalence to the German Social Code IX (SGB IX) will be preferred for employment.
Please send your application with the required documents by March 4th, 2021 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) preferably via the SecureMail Portal of TU Dresden https://securemail.tu-dresden.de/ as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org or to TU Dresden, Dezernat Personal, z. Hdn. Frau Kathleen Fischer, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
Please find the German version under: https://tu-dresden.de/stellenausschreibung/8235