This position is responsible for developing Python-based user interfaces for locally developed neuroimaging toolboxes that are developed in Python, C++. The programmer in this position will work with Neuroscience researchers and other developers. This position reports directly to Prof. Jonathan Cohen.
This is a one-year term position with the possibility of renewal contingent upon funding availability and performance.
Applications should include a cover letter, a CV, and a list of at least two potential referees. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- In collaboration with Principle Investigators, researchers, and other developers, design and develop Python-based user interfaces (UIs) for locally-developed block modeling tools.
- Develop unit tests and continuous integration methods.
- Support students using toolkits in Prof. Cohen's courses.
- Improvement of team-developed software projects through participation in code reviews.
- Bachelors degree, Computer Science or Math preferred.
- Python programming and two or more years experience with at least one of the following Python GUI toolkits:
- or PyGTK.
- Familiarity with Git and continuous integration platforms (such as Jenkins).
- Experience with more recent versions or extensions to these such as PySide, PyForms or PyGObject are also acceptable.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.