Clinical Research Coordinator B
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Description Summary
The Penn Memory Center (PMC) is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator B to join our multi-disciplinary team of health professionals.
This coordinator will lead and assist in the execution of multiple clinical trials at PMC. This work includes the recruitment and retention of potential research participants and scheduling and conducting study visits in accordance with complex protocols. This research recruits a spectrum of older adults including persons with no cognitive impairment and persons with cognitive impairment caused by Alzheimer's and other neurodegenerative diseases. Learn more about PMC research at www.pennmemorycenter.org/research. Position is contingent on continued funding.
The CRC B will substantially lead and assist in the execution of both industry-sponsored and NIH funded clinical trials. Responsibilities include the day-to-day management of clinical research protocols, including recruitment and retention of potential research participants. CRC B will schedule and conduct research visits in accordance to protocol windows and requirements. Additional duties include assisting in preparation and submission of IRB documents, coordinating and maintaining sponsor or CRO documentation, participating in ongoing rater certification, protocol training and compliance meetings.
- Recruit, pre-screen, screen, obtain informed consent and enroll participants into federally funded and industry sponsored clinical trials.
- Conduct study visits and gather data from subjects and study partner while ensuring adherence to protocol.
- Schedule study visits according to protocol schedule of events, including but not limited to cognitive testing, exams, MRIs, PET scans, lumbar punctures, infusions, etc.
- Coordinate, organize, and maintain all documentation required by the sponsor (NIH, foundation, or industry) or CRO, including source documentation, research charts, and regulatory documents.
- Complete case report forms and resolve all data queries in a timely manner
- Process and ship study specimens including blood, urine, and CSF samples.
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation and submission of regulatory documents (including continuing reviews, amendments, adverse event reporting) to the Institutional Review Board; assist in obtaining appropriate signatures for regulatory forms.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree with 2-4 years of related experience in research and clinical study methodologies or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.