Lecturer in Marketing (Education)
King’s Business School is the ninth and newest faculty at King’s College London, emerging out of the renowned School of Management & Business. We are looking to recruit an outstanding candidate to join the Marketing Group. There are presently 140 academic staff and a full range of undergraduate, masters and PhD programmes.
As such we are going through an exciting development phase and are looking for high quality people to join our growing team. The School places a premium on international levels of scholarship and research excellence, and you will be expected to play a role in the standing and development of the Group in this regard.
The School is looking for a Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer to provide teaching at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels, to design and develop course modules, and to contribute to the planning, organisation and delivery of degree programmes in the School. The post holder is expected to develop a research track record in the area of teaching and learning.
We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are currently under-represented within the faculty at this level.
• To take a role in the planning, design, organisation and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and associated teaching activities.
• To provide high-quality teaching in the subject area.
• Supervise student dissertations and provide support and guidance on academic and pastoral issues by acting as a Personal Tutor to students.
• Develop and implement a variety of innovative and creative methods to assess student learning and provide feedback that is timely, relevant and appropriate.
• Lead on the introduction of new technological developments that support learning and teaching and incorporate them into best practice
• Engage with relevant pedagogic research and scholarship to contribute to the enhancement of learning and teaching practices within the School
• To carry out administration as requested by the Executive Dean or the Head of Group.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be requested by the Head of Group
This is an indefinite, full-time position.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Relevant qualification in education – PGCAP or equivalent
- Evidence of innovative and effective teaching including the use of technology and creative approaches to assessment and feedback
- Evidence of effective collaborative engagement with the student body
- Evidence of effective performance of academic administrative duties, including development of new modules and module leadership
- Demonstrable commitment to the School’s mission and vision
- Willingness to contribute to the pastoral care of students
- Evidence of membership of subject associations or professional bodies
- Fellowship of HEA or on track to receive a Fellowship in the next two years
- Evidence of contribution to peer review and teaching development activities and dissemination of new teaching innovations and initiatives
- Experience of giving presentations at UK HEIs and national conferences
- Evidence of reflective practice and communication of educational scholarship, through peer engagements, publications or conferences
- Evidence of engagement with external bodies for teaching including Advance HE, QAA, HEPI
- Evidence of receipt of internal funding awards for teaching and learning
- Evidence of co-supervision for PGR students in education-related areas
- Evidence of external engagement with relevant organisations in relation to education (public, private or governmental)
- Evidence of engagement with non-UK HEIs and international educational bodies to share good practice and innovation in learning and teaching