Senior Manager Human Resources Systems
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
SENIOR MANAGER: HUMAN RESOURCES INFORMATION SYSTEMS (HRIS) AND SHARED SERVICES
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 5
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The role of the Senior Manager: HRIS and Shared Services is responsible for supporting a smooth and efficient implementation of HR management in four key areas: HR management information systems; HR process management; HR administration; HR projects through maintaining and enhancing HR systems by analysing business requirements, designing, implementing and testing solutions.
- Overall management of all HR data portals and systems, including Peoplesoft and HR Information Management system, and other systems used for human resource information management;
- Develop a comprehensive HRIS framework which supports the University and HR Management’s strategic goals and objectives;
- Develop and Manage the Departmental Calendar: Planning and project management of cyclical human resources activities such as performance appraisals, salary adjustment, payment of bonuses in collaboration with the respective responsible functional Deputy Directors in the Human Resources Department;
- Manage the operations and development of HR Systems to support policies and operational practices and HR activities;
- In conjunction with the HR Director: Human Resources facilitate and coordinate development of strategic and operation plans for HR.
- Provide operational oversight of all human resources projects to ensure delivery time within budget and quality requirements;
- Act as HR Lead in all technology projects, including developing recommendations, understanding priorities and impacts, resource needs, creating implementation plans and managing communications and documentations;
- Identify and ensure data quality issues such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency and completeness in a cost-effective and timely fashion;
- Managing planned maintenance, updates and configuration required to ensure regulatory compliance and client needs are met;
- Support functional system testing processes to ensure the system projects/initiatives meet the needs of all the stakeholders;
- Execute complex analysis, identify route cause of cause of problems and contribute to the development of solutions;
- Manage performance of direct reports on an on-going basis through goal setting, regular feedback, rewarding of good performance and managing poor performance;
- Ensure the divisional staff are fully trained and hold them accountable for their key responsibilities in their respective roles;
- Develop in collaboration with clients, customer satisfaction monitoring systems, which are conducted on a regular basis;
- Develop, submit, monitor and control the annual divisional operational budget.
- Act as an HR departmental liaison with key stakeholders relevant to Information Management, Systems and University wide projects (i.e. Payroll, IT, Security, etc).
- An Honours Degree in Human Resources Management, Information Technology or related field;
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience with at least three (3) years’ at management level;
- Relevant experience relating to:
- HR operations and generalist;
- HR database management and administration;
- Testing and maintaining systems;
- Business analysis;
- Project management;
- HR information systems;
- Peoplesoft/SAP or Structure Query Language (SQL);
- Staff supervision and management.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Advanced knowledge of HRIS trends and best practice;
- Advanced knowledge of HR IT systems configuration;
- Advanced knowledge of operational software functionality;
- Advanced knowledge of Peoplesoft or SQL modules;
- Advanced knowledge of Peoplesoft integration with other systems;
- Advanced knowledge of security settings and administration rules;
- Advanced knowledge of HR ITS technology and architecture;
- Advanced knowledge data analysis methodologies and techniques;
- Advanced knowledge Intranet management methods and processes;
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation impacting businesses;
- Advanced understanding and application of relevant legislative requirements;
- Budgeting and financial management;
- Database management;
- Communication skills;
- People management;
- Process and SLA management;
- Quality and process management;
- Project management;
- Statistical analysis;
- Risk management;
- Strategic awareness;
- Organisation awareness by demonstrating knowledge of policy procedures and discipline
- Act independently on own initiative;
- Works well under pressure.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A Masters’ degree in Human Resource Management, Information Technology or related field;
- • A post graduate diploma in Project Management or related discipline;
- • Three years’ experience:
- Higher education/financial service and management consulting experience;
- Interpreting requirements, performing fit/gap analysis and preparation of system design;
- Human Resource Management.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for the position will be determined by UP remuneration policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contribute 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 3 February 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms CM Rademeyer, Tel: (012) 4203607 or Email: email@example.com for related enquiries.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 March 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.