Human Resources Specialist, Disability and Leave
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Reporting to the Manager of the Disability and Leave Administration Unit (DLAU), and under the direction of members of the DLAU team, the Coordinator is responsible for supporting leave of absence processes for Caltech, as well as Worker’s Compensation processes for both Campus and Lab (Caltech and JPL).
- Send necessary paperwork to employees, processes claims, and track time off due to all Leave of Absence including but not limited to: Personal leave, Workers Compensation, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA), Pregnancy Disability Leave, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Leave
- Act as point person for employees with inquires about Leave of Absences
- Establishes FMLA/CFRA claims; tracks and codes documentation in accordance with internal workflow processes
- Analyzes FMLA /CFRA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Answer phones and assist with responding to employee questions via phone and email
- Maintain employee LOA files
- Perform other related duties as required
- At least 3 years of related work experience, or a combination of education and related experience
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills
- A general working knowledge Microsoft Office suite
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- 5 or more years of related work experience, or a combination of education and related experience
- Fluent Spanish speaking, reading and writing