Legal Administrative Assistant
Job Profile Legal - Legal
Contract Type Fixed Term
BPP Holdings Limited is a private education company that provides a variety of educational services and products in multiple jurisdictions. This includes the provision of professional training in fields such as accountancy and law, and the sale of education products.
BPP's in-house Legal Counsel provide advisory and practical support to a variety of departments throughout the business, and your role as the team's Administrative Assistant will primarily be to support them in doing so, with a particular focus on data protection and compliance matters.
- Assisting with data protection matters including:
- Data Subject Access Requests (including reviewing documents, document redaction and drafting letters);
- putting together breach reports; and
- assisting Legal Counsel with data protection queries.
- Document review, including PDF conversion, review and redaction.
- Drafting letters.
- Contract management (via a contract database).
- Processing invoices.
- Assisting with maintaining company books.
- Working with other BPP teams on projects designed to increase the efficiency of the business.
- Undertaking legal research to assist BPP Legal Counsel, which may include research across multiple jurisdictions.
- Supporting BPP Legal Counsel with other administrative tasks when required.
Vacancy location UK, London, London Liverpool Street
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using software including Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and Adobe (including PDF conversion and redaction).
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative.
- The ability to work independently and manage individual tasks.
- The ability to assist and advise people at all levels of the business both internal and external to the team, including senior executives and company directors.
- Previous experience as an administrative support assistant.
- Previous experience in a legal environment.
- Previous experience dealing with data protection and compliance matters.
Contract Hours 37.50