Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for an experienced software developer who is comfortable developing solutions at all levels of the stack. Projects will range from front end web development in PHP to infrastructure as code work with Puppet. The candidate will join a small development group within the Natural and Mathematical Sciences Computing Team. This team maintains a number of in-house solutions related to supporting the delivery of high-quality scientific teaching at scale.
This role will act as a senior resource for the broader NMS Computing team assisting, in any critical incidents and interacting with academic staff on new project requirements. Successful candidates will love Linux, FOSS, software development and building robust, resilient, highly performant solutions.
- .Student exam and project management
- Student virtual machine orchestration
- Physical lab environments (Ubuntu desktop)
- Evaluation, configuration, deployment and maintenance of open-source applications (e.g. wikis, forums)
- Maintaining web hosting, storage, virtualisation and backup infrastructure
- Support for standalone research server configurations
- Act as a senior technical resource for NMS Computing Team for 3rd line escalations on incidents, requirements gathering and evaluations for new computing projects
- Work closely with King’s central IT and e-Research colleagues to re-use existing building blocks for local projects wherever possible