Clinical Operations Supervisor
Under the direction of the Yale Cancer Center’s (YCC) Director of Ambulatory Practice, manage and oversee the outpatient clinical operations at Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven, including supervision of the front desk staff.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of support staff.
- Assesses and resolves or escalates problems arising within unit.
- Develops policies and procedures in support of unit.
- Assists in long-range planning for work unit needs.
- Participates in unit budget planning.
- Evaluates work requests to determine if they are appropriate to this or another area.
- Ensures that work flow is organized and staffed for quality efficient completion.
- Communicates deadlines and special circumstances to staff.
- Maintains equipment and supplies for unit.
- Completes evaluations of direct report employees.
- Interacts with University personnel to define work assignments and requirements, communicate progress of work, and plan and coordinate projects.
- Interacts with external sources to coordinate work necessary to fulfill projects, keep abreast of new products and technologies, or arrange for subcontractors.
- Supervises a staff of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated strong leadership, supervisory, and team-building skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated ability to manage people on a day-to-day basis and inspire a high level of commitment and performance.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Well-developed managerial, decision-making, planning, organizational, and problem-resolution skills while working in a complex clinical environment.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Exceptional ability to pro-actively manage and anticipate change.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Exhibits excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to adapt communication style to address various individuals within the organization.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration or a related field and three years of supervisory experience.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
Working experience in a busy medical practice. Previous supervisory experience. Oncology experience.
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note Yale University is a tobacco-free campus