Research Officer, Alcohol Statistics
- 1.0 FTE (5 days a week)
- Fixed term, 12 months duration
- Role based at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $68,881 - $83,153 plus superannuation
About the Centre for Alcohol Policy Research (CAPR)
This position is with La Trobe’s CAPR – an innovative, multi-disciplinary world-class research facility at the forefront of alcohol research. Our research is used to promote and inform the development of evidence-based, effective alcohol policy in Australia and internationally. Our team of established and emerging experts, both in alcohol and related fields and research methods, offers staff the opportunity to develop and maximise their skills, networks and careers.
The successful candidate will work within a project team including leading Australian researchers in the field and will undertake key analyses of survey and other data sources dealing with alcohol consumption and related harm in Australia. Specifically, we are seeking a candidate who has sound quantitative analysis skills and a strong interest in working with large complex datasets. The successful candidate will mainly work on Australian Research Council Discovery Projects such as Dr Heng (Jason) Jiang’s investigation of alcohol, tobacco and gambling expenditure and its associations with socio-economic inequalities in Australia.
- Completion of an Honours or Masters degree in the relevant discipline, and evidence of participation in higher level study relevant to discipline or professional area.
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- A background in health economics, epidemiology or statistics.
- Demonstrated experience analysing large data sets using Stata or similar software.
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 7th February 2021
Position Enquiries: Dr Heng (Jason) Jiang, email: Jason.Jiang@latrobe.edu.au
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 560459 under current vacancies.