HR Communications Web Migration Specialist
This is a 6-month fixed term position, 100% FTE.
Stanford University is one of the world’s premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives.
Join the HR Communications (HRC) team as a Web Content Migration Specialist as Stanford’s University Human Resources (UHR) unit embarks on a six-month project to migrate the Cardinal at Work website to a new version of our content management system. HR Communications is one of six departments within the central unit, University Human Resources that manages an amazing array of services, programs and plans to support our valued employees and retirees.
Role and Impact
The Web Content Migration Specialist will support a project to migrate a large website (2,000 plus pages), used by employees to stay informed about benefits, wellness, professional development, and community engagement offerings. The website will migrate from Drupal version 7 to Drupal version 8 using custom web templates provided by the university’s web services department.
You’ll report to the UHR Web Producer and work closely with other members of the HRC team, including the Web Designer, as the Cardinal at Work website (https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu) is migrated to a new version of Drupal web templates. Your role will require attention to detail, creative abilities to place images or icons on new webpages, and the ability to meet deadlines within a complex and lengthy project with multiple work streams. Your talents will immediately be used to achieve a successful web migration project! If you are great with details, you like seeing immediate results in your work, contributing to projects that will have significant and lasting impact, and enjoy working as part of a highly collaborative team, please consider joining us.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Replicate existing content from the current website and place content in the new web page templates. For many pages, the work will require just copying and pasting content; for other types of pages, the person in this position will make decisions about where to place content to deliver visually engaging, accurate web pages.
- Search for and insert photos, drawings, infographics, icons or other images on the webpages to convey key concepts, feelings, programs, or services based on content.
- As needed throughout the project, create new web pages with content and images using the web templates.
- Work in partnership with the UHR Web Producer, Web Designer, and the HRC Communications Specialists to provide administrative support to determine content and image changes as new pages are created.
- Adhere to set project timelines by monitoring, tracking, and reporting on the progress of the migration to ensure the project is on schedule and also proactively communicate any challenges or delays in advance.
- Assist in quality control of the website migration's progress by conducting regular reviews, documenting issues that need to be addressed, and taking charge in making requisite changes.
- When working within the new web templates, report any specific problems with functionality.
- Support the planning and execution of associated projects; e.g., if a photo shoot is needed to create new images for webpages, the person in this position would manage the planning and logistics for that sub-project.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and creative.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Demonstrated abilities for attention to detail and solving problems.
- Experience with repetitive copy editing and pasting, including proofreading content for accuracy.
- Ability to deliver results from conception through completion.
- Ability to share ideas and develop creative solutions and work with others to implement approved solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with web designers and to document/report problems with CMS templates.
- Ability to search photo catalogs and select strong images that will be added to the website for use in banners, blocks, and cards.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with business partners to verify website content, images and links.
- Demonstrated proficiency in learning new applications, processes, and approaches.
- Ability to constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking, occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand, rarely sort/file paperwork.
Desired (not required) Qualifications
- Experience with editing or creating webpages using a content management system (CMS)
- Experience using applications to create graphic designs/artwork or to manipulate existing photos and that will display correctly across devices.
- Marketing and/or communication experience, especially as it relates to maintaining or creating webpages/websites.
- Experience with user experience and/or user testing for webpages/websites.
- Experience working on web migration projects.
- Experience producing training materials for content editors.
- Knowledge of web accessibility guidelines.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
Other duties may also be assigned, not all unique aspects of this job are covered by this job posting. A full job description will be shared during the interview process.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4891
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 88184