Research Officer, Exercise Physiology
- Full time position based at the Bendigo campus
- Flexible working hours will be required
- $86,191 + Superannuation
- Fixed term position until mid 2021
About the role
The Holsworth Research Initiative seeks to translate our research findings to key stakeholders including health and sports communities in rural areas and professional and amateur athletes, and to be strong advocates for the general public on the public health benefits of increasing levels of exercise and physical activity.
This role is a clinical research position in the Holsworth Research Initiative at the La Trobe Rural Health School’s Department of Rural Allied Health, located at the Bendigo campus.
The successful candidate will assist in facilitating exercise physiology research at Flora Hill, Bendigo. The position will support a program of research projects that deliver targeted exercise for people with chronic health conditions. The Research Officer will contribute to planning and delivering research projects, write grant applications, and supervise graduate students.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position for six-months to mid-2021, with possibility of extension.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this role, the preferred candidate will have:
- Completion of a PhD in Exercise Sciences or equivalent qualification.
- Record of success as an exercise practitioner and evidence of a developing reputation for skills knowledge and expertise at a local level.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposal submissions to external funding bodies.
- Experience in the analysis and modelling of data, including the capacity to integrate data from a range of sources and of uneven quality.
How to Apply
Closing date: 11 pm Sunday 7th February 2020
Position Enquiries: Penelope Love, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 560522 under current vacancies.