Assistant/Associate Professor/Professor, New Media Fine Arts/Multimedia
The College of Art and Creative Enterprises (CACE)
CACE offers students a Bachelor of Arts Degree in in the following BFA degrees: Animation, Graphic Design, Interior Design and Visual Art and a shared BA in Multimedia Design. Additionally, we offer a minor in Curatorial Studies. CACE aims to prepare students to become creative leaders in the arts and related industries. Our mission is to provide student artists and designers with an opportunity to explore and develop their own creative ideas while contributing to national initiatives in the culture of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The College works closely with faculty in other university disciplines such as the majors in Multi-Media Design. We have received Substantial Equivalency from the National Schools of Art & Design for our academic programs. Candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and initiatives of the college that will advocate innovative practice and research.
The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises seeks a qualified candidate to teach in the Department of Arts and Digital Media in the area of New Media and Visual Art, with an appointment on the Dubai campus starting in August 2020.
Applicants must have earned a terminal degree in New Media, Multimedia, Fine Art, or a related field and demonstrate a strong record of professional or artistic activity and accomplishments. The successful applicant will have a record of teaching and will be expected to teach both introductory and advanced level courses. Experience with graduate programs would be an asset. The successful candidate will demonstrate versatility, forward thinking, and advanced working software knowledge appropriate to the programs of Animation, Multimedia and Visual Arts. Such specialties in digital and electronic time based media art, Interactive media, Game design, Digital media, Fine Art, or any combination of fine art and technology (ie, bioart, 3D printing, augmented/virtual reality, etc.) is desirable. An interest in emerging technologies/methodologies as they apply to fine art and multimedia is an asset. The position requires an interdisciplinary approach and the candidate will have the opportunity to teach courses including: animation (2D), 3D modeling, digital video, web design, game design, motion graphics, or motion foundations, and a variety of visual art courses. Ability to contribute to key research priorities including new graphics technologies, digital fabrication, virtual reality and immersive media will be considered an asset.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
- A proven record of excellence at baccalaureate-level teaching.
- Dedication to curricular innovation.
- Commitment to a sustained pace of scholarship and/or creative activities, and an interest in collaboration.
- A strong and active record of exhibitions and artistic practice-based research appropriate to their rank.
- Substantial level of computer literacy and a good proficiency of usage of IT in education.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing allowance, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Please visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website.
- Cover letter,
- Current Curricular Vitae
- Statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy
- Statement of scholarly and creative interests
- Sample syllabi
- Copies of the terminal degree and transcript
- The names and contact details of three professional references
- Online portfolio (10-15 samples) of professional/research work and (10-15 samples) of student outcomes should be provided by hyperlink.
Review of applications will begin will begin September 30, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
More searches like this
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates