Special Scientist, Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory
Application Code: FOSS2020SS-14
The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus, announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS.
It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full-time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
- First Degree and PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics, with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent.
Ideally, the successful candidate must have experience in research programs related to the research fields of the Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory.Prior experience in any of the following fields will be beneficial:
- Power Systems.
- Smart Grids.
- Artificial Neural Networks, expert systems and applications to the field of energy.
- ICT applications in the field of energy.
- Programming in Python especially for energy related applications.
High academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Special Scientist will be conducting research according to the needs of the research projects of the Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory in the field of Solar Energy and specifically, Photovoltaic Technology. The duties, apart from the research activity, will include the following:
- Writing Reports and research publications.
- Research Proposal Preparation.
- Support in writing Research Proposals.
- Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year students) and postgraduate students.
- Support in research project management.
- Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
The monthly gross salary for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €1740,64 – €3655,35) (€26,11/hr). From this amount employee contributions to the various Government Funds will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress. 13th salary is not provided.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Letter of interest for the specific position.
- Full CV including description of previous experience, as well as reference to the grades of degrees and school certificate [apolyterion].
- Copies of degrees and transcripts of first degree (and of Master’s degree/degrees, if applicable).
- Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
*The application must include the application code FOSS2020SS-14. For more information please contact: Prof. George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email: firstname.lastname@example.org