Research Engineer, School of Information Systems
- Bachelor Degree
- Singapore | Closing On 12 Feb 2021
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Iterative design and development of a CV- and NLP-based natural and conversational interaction method
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the novel interaction method through a series of user studies and quantitative/qualitative analyses
- Reporting the results of the evaluation and planning a research direction
- Summarizing the research results and writing academic papers
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or closely related disciplines
- Minimum 1 year of relevant research experience in Human-Computer Interaction, computer vision, or natural language processing
- Proficiency in programming software/languages such as C/C++ and Python will be required
- Demonstrated experience and know-how on conducting research, particularly in the area of Human-Computer Interaction, computer vision, or natural language processing, will be a plus
- Good analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members