Working under the direction of the Finance Manager and supporting the integrated business office for the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, this position will support post award sponsored research for an assigned portfolio and other non-sponsored (internal/dowry/USP) funding sources. Interacts with all levels of the Finance organization and the Yale community. Responsible for providing information through the interpretation, analysis, reporting and reconciliation of data.
- Financial Analysis and Reporting: Analyzes information and creates accurate and timely reports that add value to the management of University operations. Applies GAAP to report out on financial conditions. Ensures financial reporting meets the compliance needs of internal and external users. Extracts data from multiple sources.
- Financial Methods and Systems: Recommends methods to improve practices, processes and systems. Works with internal and external contacts to carry out department objectives. Provides a high level of service that cultivates and maintains strong working relationships and effectively communicates information; takes ownership and accountability for timeliness, accuracy and relationship management.
- Accounting and Reconciliation: Accurately records enterprise or subsystem transactions to balance sheets, income statements, and other financial records. Performs reconciliations; navigates through systems and reporting tools to independently resolve routine and non-routine discrepancies. Applies entries to the general ledger or subsystems and ensures adherence to GAAP, regulatory requirements and financial reporting considerations. Communicates effectively to unit leadership.
- Strategic Resource: Translates unit finance objectives into priorities. Reports financial issues and risks and makes recommendations. Contacts appropriate stakeholders to include in communications and approvals.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Establishes, implements and/or maintains strong internal controls in areas of assigned responsibility to provide reasonable assurance of effective and appropriate resources use, accurate financial information, and adherence to contractual obligations and agreements, policies, procedures, and external regulatory requirements.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated application of financial, accounting and economic concepts.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume business office with consistently high levels of accuracy, manage priorities and provide quality customer service exercising flexibility, creative problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated understanding of GAAP.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Well-developed written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Demonstrated experience preparing journal entries.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Demonstrated experience with Workday, Yale budgeting tools and complex financial systems.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus