Assistant Director of Admission for Marketing, Events, and Yield
The Office of Undergraduate Admission assembles a freshman class of 1,700 students and a transfer class of approximately 25-40 students each year. We strive to build a class that cuts across a number of dimensions to add to a rich and diverse undergraduate educational experience for everyone. We believe that a student body that is both highly qualified and diverse in terms of culture, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, background, work and life experiences, skills and interests Is essential to the educational process and will provide additional contributions and dimensions to the Stanford community.
The Office of Undergraduate Admission seeks an Assistant Director who, under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Admission for Marketing, Events and Yield, will assist in the development and implementation of strategies to recruit and enroll students. Under minimal supervision, the Assistant Director will administer, implement and interpret university and/or department admission policies and procedures.
Your responsibilities include:
- Reading, evaluating, recommending and advocating to the Admission Committee on which undergraduate applicants to consider for admission based on current university priorities.
- Acting as project manager on medium to large sized projects/programs by establishing and executing project plans, timelines, tasks, and objectives (e.g., writing/editing formal communications to applicants; writing/editing website content; managing operations schedules, etc.)
- Conducting information sessions for internal and external communities on a variety of subjects (i.e., student life, research, internships, athletics, admission), based on university priorities.
- Managing assigned geographic territory(ies) by researching, compiling and analyzing various demographics data. Creating proposal for outreach and presenting findings to management with recommendations.
- Further developing and strengthening relationships with secondary or university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni.
- Serving as a resource to other departments; representing unit/department at activities and events, meetings, committees and conferences.
- Administering or managing specific program and/or program budget.
- May supervise the work of other staff or student paraprofessionals (e.g., serve as a member of the team that trains and manages the students working in the Admission Office).
* - Other duties may also be assigned
In addition, requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years (4 years preferred) relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make distinctions among competitive applicants.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Program planning skills.
- Experience with Slate highly desirable.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory for all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7512
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 88128