Manages a number of epidemiological, clinical research, and pilot research projects in pediatric infectious diseases. Supervises research through existing staff within the scope of established study protocols, including development of protocols. Adheres to all human subject regulations as defined by Yale University and the Federal government that pertain to research studies. Oversees the planning and implementation of large multi-site clinical research studies. Develops forms and questionnaires and manages the application of research techniques. Fosters and maintains cooperative relationships with principal investigators, collaborators, research staff, clinicians, and study sponsors to ensure for the safe and timely progression of studies and adherence to all regulations. Develops original HIC/IRB submissions for multi-site research. Develops operational procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of research data. Develops and implements relevant statistical programs to incorporate data from multiple projects. Designs comprehensive and rational databases with advance knowledge of the scientific applications impacting on the data analyses and reporting. Tests, refines and finalizes instruments for use in research study. Composes major abstracts/publications/manuscript. Reconciles and manages budgets for several research projects in conjunction with the business and grants offices. Oversees submission of grants and reporting on their status to funding agencies. Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Recommends the design and implementation of procedures and protocols under the direction of a higher-level authority.
- Investigates, analyzes, and reaches preliminary scientific conclusions related to research planning
- Ensures data results are compiled, analyzed, and presented properly.
- Analyzes, develops and interprets scientific results. Maintains clear documentation of results. Prepares scientific reports and papers for research proposals and published reports.
- Performs independent research and laboratory techniques and participates in experimental research planning.
- Interacts with internal contacts including the PI, research assistants, graduate students, Radiation Safety and Biological Safety officers, and Animal Care personnel to discuss and evaluate research results and to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the laboratory.
- Interacts with external contacts such as researchers at other institutions, staff at biotechnology and reagents companies to consult on research methods and to keep abreast of product information and developments.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline and one year experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability to work with statistical software (STATA or SPSS).
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Experience with Epic electronic health records.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to work one-on-one with individuals with from diverse backgrounds.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Proficiency utilizing database management software REDCap.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Proficiency communicating in Spanish.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
Human Subjects Research and Good Clinical Practice Training
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus