Research Fellow, LARC
- Middle Management
- Singapore | Closing On 07 Feb 2021
contract ending 31 March 2021
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- The Research Fellow at LARC (Living Analytics Research Centre) will work with faculty researchers on research topics in the urban/social computing, smart cities and consumer business domains, namely Data and Text Mining, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Crowdsourcing, Recommender Systems, Social-Urban Sensing and Big Data Infrastructure.
- Design research methodologies and develop algorithms and models.
- Design and conduct experiments and implement applications, tools and systems.
- Assist to develop analytics capabilities in big data infrastructure and conduct data science studies.
- PhD in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Good knowledge in relevant research topics and possess related research skills.
- Proficient in at least one or more of these programming languages: Java, Python, C#, C++ and C.
- Strong interest in the Al, Deep Learning and Machine Learning field is an added advantage.
- Self-motivated and able to carry out tasks independently.
- Excellent team player and possess strong inter-personal skills.
- Analytical and meticulous with attention to details.