Clinical Trials Coordinator B
2 days left
- Full Time
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Description Summary
The Clinical and Translational Research Program for Lymphomas and Other Related Diseases (“Program”) of the University of Pennsylvania seeks a full-time Clinical Trials Coordinator B. This position will (1) ensure the accurate execution of research protocols in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, HIPAA, and other federal/institutional requirements, and (2) meet required obligations to patients/subject, Principal Investigator, study team and Sponsor/CRO.
This individual will work under general supervision. Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Plan, organize, and contribute to study-related meetings, including but not limited to Site Initiation Visits, Intermediate Monitoring Visits, Close-out Visits, Internal Audits and ongoing training sessions; maintain complete and accurate records of all meetings and training sessions, and ensure that resulting action items are completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in Site Feasibility and Qualification Visits; assist the Unit Managers to initiate start-up processes for industry-sponsored and Investigator-initiated trials; coordinate the conduct of complex (i.e., multi-drug regimens, high toxicity potential, multiple random assignments, or immunotherapies, etc.) Phase I – IV clinical trials.
- Assist the Regulatory Coordinator by preparing components of submissions to the IRB (and other entities), respond to IRB queries or concerns, and remain aware of the regulatory statuses for assigned protocols.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the study team, for ensuring successful patient recruitment and enrollment goals are met within specified timelines; developing/implementing recruitment strategies, assessing effectiveness of recruitment efforts, and reporting recruitment/retention status to the Program Manager.
- Conduct informed consent process (i.e., non-interventional studies), contribute to informed consent discussion (i.e., interventional studies) and ensure appropriate documentation of consent; review inclusion/exclusion criteria with PI/Nurse and facilitate eligibility review with the Sponsor, if required; develop, schedule, and oversee subject visits in conjunction with the Study Team; show vigilance in patient safety, protocol compliance and data quality; adhere to all University of Pennsylvania, FDA and GCP guidelines.
- Collect, prepare, ship and/or store biological materials using universal precautions; facilitate independent review of tissue samples and imaging studies with internal and external collaborators; receive and maintain central lab supplies, kits, and equipment provided by the Sponsor; assist with billing reconciliation, tracking site reimbursements and allocating patient stipends.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and well-organized study files from patient screening through final follow-up; keep files in an up-to-date and audit-ready state; participate in the development of study-specific Case Report Forms and other data collection tools; secure signatures and forward documents/forms to appropriate destination; maintain Delegation of Authority log.
- Collect, review and report timely, valid, accurate study data within the timelines specified by the study Agreement; document and report (i.e., to regulatory/governing bodies) adverse events, serious adverse events, and other events of interest; maintain up-to-date list of incidental (i.e., minor) deviations; contribute information to reportable (i.e., major) deviations, other unexpected events and exception requests; coordinate IND safety reporting; ensure appropriate follow-up by the Principal Investigator.
- Participate in Sponsor teleconferences, Program meetings, and working groups that will maximize the efficiency and quality of research performed; act as a mentor to Coordinators who have joined the unit with less research experience; provide coverage and support to other Coordinators to meet departmental/organizational staffing needs.
- Perform other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Position involves work-related responsibilities that may occur outside of usual hours and some conference-related travel.
- Position is contingent on continued funding.
Bachelor's Degree with 2-4 years of related experience in research and clinical study methodologies or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
Office, Library, Computer Room; Requires extensive safety
Typically sitting at a desk or table; Occasional lifting 25 lb. or less
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.