The Rosa’s group is seeking candidates for a position as Research Assistant at the National University Centre of Oral Health Singapore (NUCOHS). The project aims to study the effects of Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) on the odontogenic and endothelial differentiation of human dental pulp stem cells and dental pulp regeneration. The project aims to regenerate the pulp of root canals faster with the application of PEMF.
- Basic requirements (mandatory) for the applicant: -
- A basic dental degree (BDS or DDS) and prior experience in dental research.
- Must be able to perform independently cell culture procedures, carrying out experiments involving cell proliferation and differentiation, RNA extraction, polymerase chain reaction, protein analysis and reactive oxygen species quantification.
- Must have prior experience in qualitative and quantitative fluorescence bio-imaging (including staining procedures, imaging and quantification).
- Must have prior experience with basic staining techniques (eosin & haematoxylin, immunohistochemistry), optical microscopy and how to operate independently a scanning electron macro-scope.
- Need to know how to perform statistical analysis independently.
- Need to be able to interpret histological sessions of dental tissues (hard and soft).
- The following optional skills are advantages: -
- Be familiar with fundamental knowledge aboutthe tissue engineering alongside having an experience with producing degradable scaffolds.
- Previous experience with atomic force microscopy and Raman spectroscopy will be prioritized.
- Able formulate risk assessments and standard operating procedure for lab practices, equipment and assays.
- Previous experience with PEMF procedures. o previous publication(s) in reputable peer-reviewed journals and abstracts in conferences.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Dean's Office (Dentistry)