Human Resources Administrator
Stanford University has an immediate opening for a full-time HR Administrator to support and enhance the employee experience in Student Affairs. This position acts as the ﬁrst point of contact for most human resources inquiries, and serves as an adviser and resource on human resources policies, procedures, and practices. If you are interested in gaining HR generalist experience while working with a fantastic group of student affairs professionals, this job is for you!
The VPSA HR Team is dedicated to advancing Our Most Important Work through programs that promote community and belonging, health and wellness, equity and inclusion, staff development, retention and advancement. We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with staff from diverse backgrounds, or incorporating diverse perspectives in their work.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a resource on human resources issues, eﬀectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Advise and resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager for resolution.
- Coordinate the recruitment process, including job postings, applicant sourcing and outreach, supporting search committees, background checks, and applicant disposition with hiring managers and/or supervisors.
- Support and coordinate employment activities (transactions and documentation). Assist with onboarding and exit process of staﬀ.
- Support the process (transactions and documentation) for staﬀ appointments/reappointments and student employment.
- Coordinate and/or perform HRIS data management activities, including initiating transactions and running reports for compliance, audit, and metrics purposes. Ensure data integrity, and serve as primary contact for identifying and resolving pay issues.
- Perform time and leave administration duties and input data to ﬁnancial system.
- Explain applicable disability and leave procedures, and generate related correspondence.
- Support the performance management process; review and track incoming performance appraisal forms. Maintain electronic personnel, HR files, and job aids.
- Assist with HR communications (including website updates) and training; event planning and coordination; new employee orientation; and special projects.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- An associate degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience. Human resources experience is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies using problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain conﬁdentiality and eﬀectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects and assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and eﬀective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Oﬃce suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience using email and internet and updating website content.
- Familiarity with human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this position, please submit your résumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
- Job Title: Human Resources Administrator 1
- Job Code: 4701
- Position: Continuing, 100% FTE, Non-exempt
- Grade: F
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4617
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 88086