HCMS Solutions Architect
Reporting into the HR Innovation and Strategic Support (HRISS) department, the HCMS Solutions Architect position is key to automating and improving Yale’s Training Management System (TMS). Access processes and reporting to maximize efficiency and improve system users’ experience. The person will have a wide breadth of functional knowledge, specific expertise with LMS systems, will work with complex problems, issues, and processes, and will lead key functional stakeholders through risk and impact analysis of LMS enhancements and change requests. This individual will utilize project management skills to effectively manage projects from inception to completion, including the implementation of additional TMS functionality.
The role will also strategically configure appropriate changes and work collaboratively with change management and communications to develop stakeholder communications and/or training materials for new and updated processes or reporting.
- Develops the initial project charter and clarify the project scope, requirements, measurable outcomes, and project benefits in collaboration with process owners.
- Documents the “as is” and “to be” business processes using standard process modeling tools and process improvement methodologies.
- Decomposes high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements. Manages the development of functional specifications by collaborating with process owners; gathering business requirements; creating functional specifications; and identifying, documenting, and resolving design issues
- Represents requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios. Provides compelling and concise analysis to enable business owners to make well informed decisions regarding options for problem resolution and opportunity realization.
- Leads requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Contributes in testing and quality assurance process. Collaborates with developers and end-users to insure that application functionality meets client needs. Tests solutions, problem-solve issues, and coordinate enhancements.
- Responsible for requirements prioritization and solution risk analysis.
- Plans and communicates the departmental readiness plan. Supports metrics integration and execution for optimal results.
- Develops and delivers training to end users.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or related field. Four years of related experience in analysis of business needs and development of related business systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Proven ability in business analysis and functional solution design, including the development of detailed requirements documentation.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Excellent planning, prioritization, and time management skills. In addition, the ability to work independently, possess superior initiative, excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs advances Excel skills, including formulas, macros, and pivot tables.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated ability in the development of dashboards and visualization of data to drive the creation of comprehensive and meaningful metrics for reporting to various leadership and operational teams.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Solid understanding of application software configuration, general IT and HR practices and terminology.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Management or Human Resources. At least 2-4 years of LMS support and/or configuration experience working in a professional, fast-paced environment.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus