Research Assistant, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Associate Professor Lim Chin Leong Fabian
The Exercise Physiology Laboratory conducts research to investigate the influence of habitual exercise on cardio-metabolic health and also on the drivers and inhibitors of physical work tolerance. The experiment trials are done mainly on humans and are conducted in ergometric laboratory, biochemistry laboratory and field environments.
- Administer procurement of equipment and expendable items according to administrative procedures in the lab.
- Ensure that lab equipment is properly maintained and serviceable all the times.
- Assist in developing SOPs to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the lab.
- Assist in the execution of research projects, which will also involve, but not limited to, human subject recruitment, pre-trial preparations, administration, and post-trial operations.
- Support data entry and collection, analyses and reporting.
- Any other, research project related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants should have the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree/ equivalent in Biomedical/ Exercise & Sports Science/ Allied Health Science/ Nursing.
- Good degree of proficiency in laboratory techniques and processes.
- Ability to multi-task between project and routine duties.
- Expected to work outside of standard office hours, when really essential.
- Highly motivated.
- Strong team player.
- Good communication skills.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with your cover letter and CV at your earliest convenience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.