Assistant Project Officer/Project Officer, Hong Kong and South China Historical Research Programme
Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions. It strives to pursue excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement. With three academic Faculties, it offers a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes in arts, business and social sciences. Lingnan’s liberal arts education is characterised by a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum with specialised disciplinary studies; close student-staff relationship; a vibrant residential campus; ample global learning opportunities; active community engagement and multifarious workplace experience. The School of Graduate Studies also offers postgraduate programmes up to doctoral level in various disciplines and provides professional education for the wider society.
Applications are now invited for the following post:
(Post Ref.: 20/128)
The appointees will be responsible for
- conducting literature review and oral history interviews;
- compiling and drafting papers, book chapters and monographies, etc.;
- organizing and implementing local history learning programme(s);
- co-ordinating workshops, seminars, exhibitions and other teaching and learning activities;
- liaising with other community partners; and
- facilitating the general administrative work.
Applicants should have
- a recognized degree, preferably in History, Translation, Chinese or Social Sciences;
- high proficiency in written English and Chinese;
- strong sense of responsibility, meticulous and well organized;
- good analytical and interpersonal skills; and
- proficiency in PC operations (MS Office applications and Chinese Word Processing).
Candidates with three years’ working experience, preferably in historical and humanity research, will be considered for the post of Project Officer.
Salary and Benefits
The rank and commencing salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits, where applicable, include annual leave, medical and dental benefits, and mandatory provident fund.
Application Procedure (online application only)
Please click "Apply Now" to submit your application. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Review of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified candidates are advised to submit their applications early for consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.