Research Officer, Pan Sutong Shanghai-Hong Kong Economic Policy Research Institute
Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions. It strives to pursue excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement. With three academic Faculties, it offers a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes in arts, business and social sciences. Lingnan’s liberal arts education is characterised by a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum with specialised disciplinary studies; close student-staff relationship; a vibrant residential campus; ample global learning opportunities; active community engagement and multifarious workplace experience. The School of Graduate Studies also offers postgraduate programmes up to doctoral level in various disciplines and provides professional education for the wider society.
Applications are now invited for the following post:
(Post Ref.: 20/296)
The mission of the Pan Sutong Shanghai-Hong Kong Economic Policy Research Institute (PSEI) of Lingnan University is to promote policy-related research on economic development of Hong Kong and Chinese Mainland. The appointee will provide support in research projects and the student internship/training schemes. The appointee will also be responsible for coordinating training schemes, seminars/symposiums and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants should have
- a good Bachelor Degree in Economics, Social Science, English Language and Literature, Translation or related discipline with at least one year of post-qualification working experience;
- strong command of written and spoken English and Chinese are essential;
- strong statistical skills;
- self-motivation and an independent work attitude;
- strong team spirit; and
- the ability to work under pressure. Priority will be given to the applicants with experience in translation and coordinating the large-sized event and student internship scheme. Candidates with less/more experience will also be considered for appointment at a relevant rank.
Salary and Benefits
Commencing salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits, where applicable, include annual leave, medical and dental benefits and mandatory provident fund.
Application Procedure (online application only)
Please click "Apply Now" to submit your application. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Review of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified candidates are advised to submit their applications early for consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.