Research Fellow, Earth Science/Natural Hazards/Computational Modelling/Statistics
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) is seeking a Research Fellow to join the Singapore Government funded South East Asia SEA-level (SEA2) program. This is an international, multi-institutional and trans-disciplinary program that will push scientific frontiers to observe, reconstruct and model the regional processes of sea level from instrumental and proxy data.
- Projections of future sea-level rise in particular probabilistic sea-level projections and local to regional components that drive sea-level rise
- Assist the team in the interpretation of complex statistical models and in creating visualizations of model output
- Ph.D. in Earth science, natural hazards, computational modelling, statistics or a related field
- Strong experience in ROMS over the South China Sea, CMIP analysis, and tropical climate dynamics
- Experience with Bayesian statistical model development ideally with applications for time series data, spatial data and compositional data
- Strong ability to interpret complex statistical models and creating visualizations of model output
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.