Research Assistant, Linguistics/Chinese/Sociology
A Research Assistant position is currently available in the School of Humanities and this role will work on a Medical Interaction Project.
- Conduct data collection, data processing, and assist in relevant administrative work over the project's duration
- Carry out fieldwork, specifically in the clinical setting, on collecting video-recorded data of doctor-patient interaction and the subsequent processing of these data into transcripts using conversation analytic conventions
- Engage in transcription of Chinese audio/video recordings and their translation
- Administrative work to assist the research
- Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics/ Chinese/ Sociology
- Internship experience or attended some courses in these areas
- Proficiency in Conversation Analytic transcription conventions, Chinese or dialects and ability to translate from Chinese to English is preferred
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU