Data Aide 1
Stanford University is seeking a Data Aide 1 to enter data from a source document into a computer system and verify entries for accuracy and completeness. Work is performed under close supervision.
About the Department of Pathology
Comprised of extraordinary faculty and staff, our mission is to improve the ability to diagnose, treat and understand the origin and manifestation of human disease, and to care for those who have or are at risk to develop disease. We accomplish this through our clinical services (in all fields of anatomic and clinical pathology, including molecular and genomic pathology, histocompatibility testing and transfusion medicine) and be research (which includes basic, translational and clinical research into the origins and manifestations of disease, including efforts to improve disease prediction and prevention as part of the goal of achieving precision medicine and health), and also by educating future leaders in pathology and related fields. Everything we do is to achieve the goals of providing the highest quality of clinical services to the patients for whom we passionately care, to advance our ability to understand, diagnose, monitor and ultimately to cure disease or to prevent or delay its occurrence, and to provide outstanding education and career development opportunities to those who share these goals. For more information about the department visit http://pathology.stanford.edu/
About this Position:
Stanford University is seeking a Data Aide 1 to enter data from a source document into a computer system and verify entries for accuracy and completeness. Work is performed under close supervision. You should be highly organized, proactive, extremely detail oriented and be able to multi-task with ease in a fast-paced environment. Regardless of your assignment, you will be expected to demonstrate strong business judgement, professional etiquette and develop program management skills. In addition to having a “can-do” attitude and pleasant demeanor, you must have extraordinary communication skills that allow you to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Accurately enter information into computer system or database.
- Maintain computerized and manual logs and files in accordance with established procedures.
- Recognize, question, and detect anomalies from distinguishable data patterns on charts or other forms of media; record information into a database.
- Perform audits of own work or that of others to ensure conformance with established procedures.
- May convert data from one electronic system to another.
- Perform clerical work such as word processing, maintaining office records, filing and answering phone.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree;
- MS Office - Excel experience
Education & Experience (Required): High school diploma, G.E.D., or relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities (Required):
- Demonstrated clerical, interpersonal, and basic organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4741
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: C
- Requisition ID: 87702