Institute Manager: Impact and Engagement
The Lau China Institute exists to undertake research, education, and outreach on matters relating to contemporary China. It has six academic staff, 35 postgraduate students, and 30 doctoral students, and is one of the largest such centres focussed on China in the world.
The Lau China Institute is now moving to significantly expand its work and is seeking an Impact & Engagement Manager to raise the profile of the Institute, working with our key stakeholders, and strengthening our outreach. You will be involved in the arrangement of high impact public events, running media campaigns, and liaising with our current network of supporters, in addition to identifying new ones.
Working under the direction of the Director as well as working closely with the Faculty Communications and School Public Engagement teams, the responsibilities of the post holder will include:
- Leading the planning, development and implementation of the Lau China Institute’s Communications Strategy.
- Further developing ‘impact partnerships’ across the university. This will include working with key impact and engagement delivery units at King’s, as well working with academics, researchers and PhD students on impact type activities.
- Managing and developing signature events and series for the Lau China Institute.
• Oversee the development of proactive and reactive communication plan to help expand the impact of the work of the Lau China Institute.
• Develop the Lau China Institute’s ‘impact partnerships’, working with current supporters and identifying new ones. The roleholder will be required to network and liaise closely with stakeholders and external bodies to exchange information.
• Develop additional tools and communication activities to promote ‘impact partnerships’ within King’s and work with academics, researchers and PhD students on impact type activities.
• Manage signature event(s) and policy paper series for the Lau China Institute.
• Work with the PR Manager (Arts & Sciences), King’s Brand team and Faculty and School Communications teams on appropriate communication and marketing activities, including the university’s digital channels.
• Work with the Faculty Communications and School Public Engagement team to further develop the communication channels of the Lau China Institute e.g. website, podcasts, blog and social media.
• Work with PR Manager (Arts & Sciences) to identify case studies for inclusion on university’s bespoke digital platform highlighting both the university’s and Lau China Institute’s impact on society
• Work with colleagues from across King’s undertaking similar activities and build beneficial internal networks.
• To undertake projects and duties as required or requested by the Director in relation to impact and engagement.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.