Research Engineer, Photonics and Quantum Physics
The School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) is seeking a Research Engineer passionate about spearheading the discovery of new physics in emerging materials, especially pertaining to the development of compact, high-brightness light sources (e.g., compact X-ray sources, highly-efficient terahertz emitters). Our research takes place at the boundary of quantum materials, electron waveshaping and ultrafast optics. We have close collaborations with leading research groups at MIT and the Technion. Read more about our work at https://sites.google.com/view/ljwgroup.
NTU EEE provides a vibrant and nurturing environment for staff and students to carry out research in key areas. It is ranked 6th worldwide in the QS University Rankings by Subject 2020.
- Discover new phenomena and applications for electron-photon interactions in emerging materials and nanostructures
- Publish in world-class journals on topics related to nanophotonics and quantum physics
- Assist in supervision of undergraduate students
- Bachelor or Master’s in physics, engineering, mathematics or related field
- Excellent English verbal/written communication skills
- Strong academic credentials and keenness to keep learning
- Passion for fundamental research and discovering new physics
- Highly productive and strongly self-motivated in both independent work as well as teamwork
- Prior research experience on related topics is a bonus
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.