Research Assistant, Lee Kong Chian Medicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Temporary Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Professor Helen Smith
We are recruiting a temporary research assistant to join the laboratory of Professor Helen Smith at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC Medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
The Family Medicine and Primary Care (FMPC) team is a multidisciplinary group with expertise in general practice, evidence-based medicine, gerontology, psychiatry, social science, psychology, and statistics. It aims to deliver high-quality research designed to improve clinical, managerial and policy decision making for the benefits of patients, families, and communities in Singapore. FMPC supports and promotes the involvement of patients and the public in health research.
FMPC’s research focuses on three highly relevant areas in the delivery of primary care in Singapore and internationally:
- Long-term conditions focusing on respiratory and atopic disorders, multi-morbidity, mental health, ageing, and patient health and illness experiences
- Evidence synthesis and implementation
- Increasing research capacity and leadership skills in primary care and family medicine
- FMPC places major emphasis on advancing research methodology, and hosts the Primary Care Research Network to encourage and support high-quality research in family medicine in Singapore. It also hosts the Centre for Primary Health Care Research and Innovation, a joint initiative between LKC Medicine and the National Healthcare Group.
- Literature Review
- Formulation of plans for PPI
- IRB Application
- Organise, conduct and report writing of 12 Patient and Public Involvemnet (PPI) hawkers in different localities across Singapore
- Facilitate, co-design workshops, including recruitment of GPs from pcRn
- Co-designing initiatives used in studies published about communicating risk to patients
- Any other tasks allocated by the Reporting Manager
Qualifications and skillsets:
- Degree of any discipline
- Experience in research would be an added advantage
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with your CV, cover letter and names of two references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.