Assistant Athletics Director for Facilities
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletic program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 126 NCAA championship titles, completed an unprecedented sweep of both the men’s and women’s Capital One Cups, and have brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embodies a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way”, which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
We are seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Athletics Director for Facilities. Reporting to the Associate Athletics Director for Facilities & Housing, you will oversee a staff of 6 people, managing the day-to-day operations of all varsity and recreation facilities. This position will also oversee all office space in the DAPER footprint.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee a staff of 6 people; including executing performance evaluations, staff management, and forecasting department staffing needs.
- Coordinate daily activities of varsity and recreation facilities, including: scheduling and assigning work to staff and directing and leading completion of assigned work.
- Monitor work and project activity progress, make necessary changes and perform quality assurance checks.
- Coordinate activities, construction, and renovation with Stanford staff, subcontractors, and/or vendors.
- Support assigned project activities; ensure compliance with larger unit goals.
- Coordinate health and safety programs and training.
- Track budget for varsity and recreation facilities, and provide time and workforce needs and estimates to Associate Athletics Director for Facilities & Housing based on cost analyses; ensure work is completed according to stipulated price and agreement.
- Collaborate with University officials and outside vendors.
- Clarify and resolve problems in coordination with Associate Athletics Director for Facilities & Housing
- Handle asset renewal program for maintain all facilities
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A combination of education, training and experience performing responsibilities similar to those listed above.
- Great communication skills and positive relationships with outside groups, students, faculty, and staff.
- Knowledge of environmental and safety rules, regulations, and policies. Ability to conduct job site inspections to ensure compliance.
- Ability to coordinate daily activities including work scheduling, quality assurance, program validation, monitoring of maintenance and facility activities, and supervision of personnel.
- Demonstrated experience working with subcontractors/vendors and demonstrated ability to monitor project activities and ensure compliance with internal/external regulations.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting policies.
- Must have the ability to work on deadline and handle several responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of current field trends and technologies.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and communicate those instructions to others.
- Significant independent judgment and self-motivation.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to apply:
Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application. All applications must be submitted via Stanford’s Careers webpage.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4361
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 87759