Joint-Educator - Department of Malay Studies and Department of Communications and New Media
Joint-Educator Track Position, Department of Malay Studies and Department of Communications and New Media of the National University of Singapore
The Department of Malay Studies and Department of Communications and New Media of the National University of Singapore seek to fill an Educator Track position in studies of the arts, heritage, built environment, urban histories and public cultures of Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. The successful applicant will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in both departments. Candidates are expected to teach courses in some of the following areas: peoples and institutions in heritage, cities and public cultures, arts and heritage curation, and social histories of built environments. In addition to teaching, the successful candidate will be expected to supervise undergraduate and graduate students. Depending on qualification the candidate may be hired at the rank of lecturer, senior lecturer or associate professor.
Successful candidates must have:
- A Ph.D. in a related degree from an internationally acclaimed institution at the time of appointment.
- Excellent communication and pedagogical skills, and dedication to academic teaching excellence and collegiality. A strong and diverse teaching portfolio is a must.
- To be considered for a senior position, a candidate must also demonstrate the potential to be research active.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore is a leader of scientific and social scientific research in the city-state of Singapore. Its transformative education includes a broad-based curriculum underscored by multi-disciplinary courses and cross-faculty enrichment, as well as special programmes which allow students to realise their potential. Over 30,000 students from 100 countries further enrich the community with their diverse social and cultural perspectives, making campus life vibrant and exciting. The university emphasizes excellence in both teaching and research, with internationally competitive salaries and opportunities for substantial research funding. As the university's medium of instruction is English, applicants must exhibit a high level of English-competency.
Applications should submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full CV
- Letter of interest
- Teaching statement (maximum 3 pages)
- Research statement (maximum 3 pages)
- Evidence of teaching ability such as student feedback or peer review reports, and/or evidence of other contributions to education, if available.
- A list of 4 external referees (names, contact details, applicant's relationship to them).
For further inquiries, please email email@example.com
Review of applications will start on 1 January 2021. Campus visits will be in early 2021, if necessary virtually through Zoom. Early applications are encouraged so as to get full consideration by the committee. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.