Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I / Lecturer II
SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I / Lecturer II (PR0097/20-21)
Applications are now invited for the following taught master’s programmes:
- Master of Arts in Communication
- Master of Arts in International Journalism Studies
- Master of Science in AI and Digital Media
- Master of Social Sciences in Media Management
The appointee is expected to:
(a) teach at least three subjects per semester in the following areas:
- communication/journalism theories
- qualitative and quantitative communication research methods
(b) fulfill various administrative duties within the programme in regard to curriculum design, programme development and promotion, and student affairs;
(c) teach at the University’s mainland institutes in Zhuhai and Shenzhen when needed; and
(d) perform any other duties as assigned by the Programme Director.
- PhD degree in related field;
- fluent in English/Cantonese and Putonghua with evidence-based experience in teaching and research; and
- good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of one to two years commencing January 2021. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk) together with (i) a cover letter showing a close match between qualifications and job requirements with supporting documents; and (ii) recent teaching evaluation results. Those not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after completion of the recruitment exercise unless upon request. Details of the Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 4 November 2020