Research Assistant, Environmental Data Analytics
- Part time, 0.5FTE or 2.5 days per week
- Role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- 12-month fixed term opportunity
- $68,698 pro rata plus superannuation
About the role
Prof. McGeoch recently joined the Department of Ecology, Environment and Evolution at La Trobe. This 0.5 FTE Research Assistant in Data Analytics will work on current and ongoing research projects involving specialized environmental and biodiversity data science work and will further assist with setting up and running Prof. McGeoch research group. Primary responsibility will be data analytics and reporting, working predominantly with biodiversity data. Secondary responsibilities include general research group support, such as social media management, purchasing, logistics and organisation. Suitable candidates will have skills and experience in data science to collate, synthesize and analyse biodiversity and environmental data and to build and manage environmental and biodiversity information systems.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this position, the preferred candidate will have:
- Completion of a degree in Data Science
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical and technical knowledge in Data Science in a straightforward way to environmental and biodiversity sciences.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop excellent working relationships with, colleagues, students and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise work effectively and efficiently and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 8th November 2020
Position Enquiries: Prof Melodie McGeoch, Email: M.firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 560154 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.