Associate Director of Admission for Marketing, Events and Yield
Job Code: 7513
Job Grade: I
FTE: 100%, Exempt
Offices of Undergraduate Admission, Financial Aid and Visitor Information Services
The Office of Undergraduate Admission assembles a freshman class of 1,700 students and a transfer class of approximately 25-40 students each year. We strive to build a class that cuts across a number of dimensions to add to a rich and diverse undergraduate educational experience for everyone. We believe that a student body that is both highly qualified and diverse in terms of culture, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, background, work and life experiences, skills and interests Is essential to the educational process and will provide additional contributions and dimensions to the Stanford community.
The Office of Undergraduate Admission (UGA) seeks an Associate Director of Admission who, under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Admission for Marketing, Events and Yield, will administer, implement university and/or interpret department admission policies and procedures.
Your responsibilities include:
- Read, evaluate, recommend and advocate for higher level undergraduate and graduate applicants to the Admission Committee to consider for admission based on current university priorities.
- Develop and implement programs and strategies for recruitment of top students, bear primary responsibility for a specific area of focus.
- Develop and deliver outreach programs in local, national and international communities, conduct informational meetings and respond to questions regarding admissions and the student experience at Stanford.
- Develop programs and efforts to cultivate and maintain relationships with secondary or university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni.
- Analyze needs, develop and manage admission programs and processes.
- Liaise with external colleagues in execution of nationwide Exploring College Options program
- Develop, manage, and analyze admission events including oversight of general content development, systems and reporting protocol, and measuring effectiveness
- May conduct quantitative analyses of admission data.
- Serve as a public relations and information resource to prospective applicants, secondary or university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni, represent University at activities and events, meetings, committees and conferences.
- May hire, train and supervise part-time seasonal readers and other staff.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
In addition, requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years (4-5 years highly desirable) relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make distinctions among competitive applicants..
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Evidence of program planning and management skills.
- Knowledge of Slate (a plus).
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7513
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 87536