Senior Digital Instructional Design Specialist
UAEU is seeking an exceptional Senior Digital Instructional Design Specialist to lead and develop the Instruction Design and Development unit within the Digital Learning Department. The successful candidate will provide digital instructional design expertise for the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation (ADDIE) support of online courses and educational programs. S/he will be responsible for assisting faculty in the design of online coursework/programs and instructional practices, development of learning resources and re-visioning of courses and course segments to online delivery modalities.
Reporting to the Manager of Instruction Design, this role plays an integral part in the success of the University’s online learning initiatives. The candidate should have an in-depth understanding of instructional design theories and methodologies to online course design; an awareness of current trends in instructional software, multimedia applications and web-based educational technologies; an understanding of online course management platforms (e.g. Blackboard, edX and Open edX); a currency in best practices in online course design. Furthermore, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills is essential.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or closely related discipline with at least two years of higher education instructional design experience.
- At least 8+ years of proven experience in the digital instructional design working with faculty/instructors/subject matter experts to design, develop and support delivery of digital instruction.
Key competencies for the Senior Digital Instructional Design Specialist will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Highly developed communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal) with the demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple constituencies in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Expertise in applying learning theory and pedagogy to develop instructional design strategies in higher education.
- Knowledge and application of best practices using technology for teaching and learning, including but not limited to, multimedia development, web conferencing, learning management systems, social networking, online collaborative tools, and mobile solutions for education.
- Ability to and experience in designing and delivering faculty professional development in a higher education setting.
- Ability to monitor and report on the course development process.
- Familiarity with copyright laws and creative commons and how they pertain to courses.
- Ability to use one or more eLearning authoring tools (e.g., Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate).
- Mastering instructional design models/frameworks (such as ADDIE) and educational media production cycles.
- Basic understanding of standard web markup languages and best practices (HTML/CSS)
- Competency in eLearning analytics and business intelligence system such as pyramid analytics.
Division Administrative Unit (CETL)
Department Administrative Unit (CETL)
Job Close Date 30-11-2020
Job Category Staff
Salary 12000 to 28000 AED