Research Assistant, Lee Kong Chian Medicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Dr. Xia Yun.
We are currently recruiting a research assistant who will join the laboratory of Dr. Xia Yun at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
We are among the newest members of LKC medicine. Our lab in the brand new Clinical Sciences Building, located in the heart of Singapore, focuses on the mechanisms that underlie the progression of neurological disorders and studies how cellular lipid homeostasis impacts on this process. We use the combination of mammalian cell biology and C. elegans genetics to tackle these fundamental questions.
The lab will foster reciprocal interactions between the members of the lab and the members of the NTU life science clusters including, but not limited to, LKC medicine and School of Biological Sciences. We will provide exciting opportunities and vibrant atmospheres as well as state-of-arts core facilities. Excited and motivated individuals are all encouraged to apply.
For more information, please visit:
- Provide technical support to senior lab researchers, such as Research Follows and PhD students.
- Prepare centralized reagents, and perform quality control.
- Manage centralized cell culture, frozen cell stocks, mouse breeding, reagent preparation and quality control.
- Request quotation, negotiate price, prepare purchasing request, update purchasing record, prepare safety issue related paperwork.
- Prepare the inventory lists for lab regents, cell lines, animal breeding record. Assign lab duties to lab personnel.
- Candidates need to have a Bachelor’s in relevant field of molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, bioengineering, or other life sciences. An undergraduate GPA of second upper is needed.
- Applicants need to have at least 1 year of previous research experience or laboratory training.
Skills and qualifications:
- Applicants need to have prior experience with three-dimensional mammalian cell culture and human pluripotent stem cell culture.
- Prior knowledge in cell imaging and mouse model is preferred. Experimental skills in molecular biology (CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing tool) and biochemistry will be adding an advantage.
- Applicants who have experience of laboratory and project management in other local institutes are considered with priority.
- Self-motivated and well-organized with good communication and technical skills.
- Be able to work independently and collaborate effectively in a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply via APPLY NOW button below with your cover letter, CV and names/ contact details of two references at your earliest convenience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.