Position will report directly to Dr. Sinusas the Director of the Yale Translational Research Imaging Center and/or Dr. Thorn staff Research Scientist. Individual will be responsible for coordinating and conducting small and large animal multimodality imaging studies that involve the use of targeted SPECT and PET radiotracers. Principal responsibilities also involve radiochemical syntheses and performance of quality assurance on radiochemical products using TLC and/or HPLC. Individual will also support radiochemical labeling and imaging for clinical studies.
- Recommends the design and implementation of procedures and protocols under the direction of a higher-level authority.
- Investigates, analyzes, and reaches preliminary scientific conclusions related to research planning
- Ensures data results are compiled, analyzed, and presented properly.
- Analyzes, develops and interprets scientific results. Maintains clear documentation of results. Prepares scientific reports and papers for research proposals and published reports.
- Performs independent research and laboratory techniques and participates in experimental research planning.
- Interacts with internal contacts including the PI, research assistants, graduate students, Radiation Safety and Biological Safety officers, and Animal Care personnel to discuss and evaluate research results and to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the laboratory.
- Interacts with external contacts such as researchers at other institutions, staff at biotechnology and reagents companies to consult on research methods and to keep abreast of product information and developments.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline and one year experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Strong working ability in statistics.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Experience in performing different biochemical assays including Western blots, radio-immunoassays, HPLC, TLC and complex protocols including chemical modification of radiopharmaceuticals. Experience with nanoparticle drug delivery system. Experience in handling rodents and performing rodent surgery.
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus