Postdoctoral Fellow, Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program
The Wallenberg - NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, supported by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, provides the opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations at NTU and a Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) research partner institution in Sweden.
Human activity recognition is a broad area of research, which solves the problem of determining a user's activity from observations recorded on video or wearable sensors. This research project aims to address the interpretability and generalization capability of feature learning in deep neural networks for human activity recognition.
- Study interpretable representation for human activity recognition by generative modeling
- Study disentangled semantic representation for human activity recognition
- Conduct research on domain adaptation for human activity recognition
- Conduct research on domain generalization across participants
- Involved in Health AI and AI-assisted predictive and preventive healthcare related projects
- Work with other team members for various translational research and development activities
- Committed to a one-year research stint respectively at NTU followed by a further year at a WASP partner institution in Sweden
- Graduated with a PhD degree not more than 5 years at the application date
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader
- Applicant is required to submit thoughtful and realistic research proposal in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.