Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Music Performance
UIC now invites candidates for this position which is expected to be filled in February 2021:
Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Music Performance (Ref: DCC201003)
Candidates should be with expertise in one or two musical instruments and the Job duties of this position includes:
1. Teaching courses as assigned by Music Minor or Music Performance Programme;
2. Engaging in the promotion of Musical Arts Programme, and recruitment of students;
3. Playing a role as contact person of external affairs, such as off-campus musical performances, activities and events;
4. Accepting other duties assigned by the PD or Dean.
All applicants should hold a PhD or a Master of Music degree with extensive working experience in a related discipline. Successful candidates are expected to be committed to excellence in undergraduate or postgraduate teaching. Preference will be given to candidates who have teaching experience in a higher education setting. The candidates should be with
1) the ability to:
- communicate and collaborate effectively, respectfully and productively with students, staff and the community,
- keep abreast of national and international developments and initiatives in music,
- bring together western and Chinese musical cultures,
- create, manage and deliver musical events that appeal to all the UIC community,
- inspire students to experience technologies and media related to music.
2) a commitment to
- provide students with opportunities for employment through engagement with industry partners,
- provide students with a broad range of artistic opportunities to perform,
- maximize high standards of performance,
- A commitment to engage in research relevant to the Division and with artistic and educational organisations in the Pearl Delta Region.
3) evidence of success in the organisation and coordination of music performance.
*Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online: https://hrapp.uic.edu.cn/recruit/job/vacancy/JobDetail/374.
*If you failed to submit your application online, please send your application by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a completed "Job Application Form" which can be downloaded from http://web.uic.edu.cn/en/hr/job-opportunities/application-procedure. Please indicate the position being applied for, including the field of expertise, level and reference number.
Review of applicants will begin on November 3,2020. We will continue to review applications until the positions are filled.The College reserves the right not to fill this position, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.