Research Assistant Professor (Clinical Research)
SCHOOL OF CHINESE MEDICINE
Applications are invited for the following post in the Centre for Chinese Herbal Medicine Drug Development, which is located in the Hong Kong Science Park.
Centre for Chinese Herbal Medicine Drug Development
Research Assistant Professor (Clinical Research) (PR0087/20-21)
The appointee is expected to perform the following roles:
- To conduct high quality and innovative clinical research for gastrointestinal (GI) diseases, including inflammatory bowel diseases and functional constipation;
- To perform clinical and translational research on GI diseases with Chinese herbal medicine;
- To supervise research assistants and PhD students;
- To apply external competitive research grants; and
- To undertake any other duties as assigned.
Potential candidates should have:
- A PhD degree or Doctor of Medicine in clinical trials/studies/investigations or related disciplines;
- At least three years of postdoctoral experience in the listed research areas;
- Experience in a large-scale clinical trial with Chinese herbal medicine;
- A proven publication record and strong research interest in GI diseases;
- A registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner in Hong Kong with sufficient clinical trial experience in Hong Kong;
- Active in research innovations and drug discovery;
- Ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to research;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills; and
- Ability to work independently.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract up to three years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Applicants are requested to send in samples of publications, preferably three best ones out of their most recent publications. Applicants should also request two referees to send in confidential letters of reference, with PR number (stated above) quoted on the letters, to the Personnel Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) direct. Applicants not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after completion of the recruitment exercise. Details of the University's Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 6 November 2020