Research Fellow, Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS). Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
SCELSE is looking for a highly motivated individual to join us as a Research Fellow. The candidate will conduct Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) of various resource recovery pipelines, and use global optimisation to maximise financial/environmental returns on complex processing flowsheets. In addition to conducting LCA study of wastewater treatment processes and systems, the candidate will need to perform cost-benefit analysis on different separation techniques to recover valuable constituents from wastewater.
- PhD degree in environmental engineering, sciences or other related disciplines
- Strong communication and data analysis skills
- Experience in conducting research related to LCA and economic analysis of engineering systems (core requirement)
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment processes and systems would be a plus but not essential
- Minimum of one year related work experience