Research Fellow, Ab Initio Modeling of Structural Metals and Alloys
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
- Conduct the research on developing a multiscale modeling platform for ab initio modeling of dislocations with improved efficiency and accuracy that accounts for flexible boundary conditions
- Utilize the developed multiscale approach coupled with density functional theory (DFT) to evaluate the equilibrium structures of dislocation cores and planar faults in structural materials
- PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering/Materials Sciences/Physics
- Rich experience in ab initio modeling approaches in computational mechanics and materials science
- Good communication and writing in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong responsibility for research work
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.